Wednesday, December 14, 2011

First, a little bit about me...

There are so many mommy blogs out there. Some of them are even entertaining and worth reading. Most of them drive me nuts because they are so flippin' earnest. I am sure little Susie (more likely little Mykynzy) is wonderful and smart enough to skip six grades and is fascinating enough to be the subject of a 5,000 word treatise. I bet that someone out there wants to read about every little burp and pee and nursing mishap right as it happens. Those people probably aren't my readers. Wow, that's bold of me - assuming I'll have readers. How presumptuous! So what makes me and therefore will make this blog interesting?   Let's see...
  • I am a grammar freak. I totally make fun of people who misuse apostrophes, commas, and quotation marks. I worry that one day I will have to hire a lawyer to draft a contract and find out too late that he/she is one of these chronic grammar abusers. Whammo, that clause does not mean what I think it means and I'm screwed.
  • I have no idea how to use Twitter but apparently its use is mandatory for bloggers. This should be fun to watch.
  • I work in an asylum. Not a literal asylum, but pretty darned close. My place of work shall remain nameless for now to protect, well, me.
  • I can't stand Twilight, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings. I am not on team Jacob, or Edward, or Gandalf. I am not a Belieber either. Sorry.
  • If I could be anyone at all, I would be Tina Fey. Just for a little bit because I don't want to have to wear glasses all the time. But she's awesome.
  • If I could be best friends with anyone at all, it would be Chelsea Handler. She is freakin' hilarious.
  • My preschool-age son is a riot and my husband is a very well-intentioned man of solid midwestern stock. I am from Boston. Sometimes our upbringings clash and it's hilarious.
Anyhoo, that's why you should follow my blog. I rock. Both of my parents say so.

1 comment:

  1. I just started this blogging business myself. Followed you over here from twitter because of Farah. You'll probably hate my blog because I'm doing it to remember bits and pieces from my baby's life (not every burp or fart, honest!) and because I'm horrible with punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Please don't hold it against me. I'm funny on the twitter, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs